Working Group “Civic Participation for Sustainable Development” is a pan-European Group of NGO representatives, which has effective solutions for social problems on the local level. The Group works to support local community development and civic engagement in solving social problems through the study and exchange of experience between Russian and European NGOs.
WORKING GROUP PRINCIPLES
- Russia and Europe compose a single space;
- The Group is engaged in the development of local topics;
- The Group’s work is based on the interaction with local communities;
- The Group adheres to constructive engagement in the work with stakeholders, including the governmental authorities;
- The Group recognizes that the origin of social problems has complicated character; the Group seeks any partnership with stakeholders (government, business, society) to address social problems.
USEFUL PRODUCTS OF THE WG
- Poly-thematic projects, including information resources and policy papers;
- Publications, database, a set of technologies, the platform to address the social problems of civil society at the local level;
- Thematic projects based on the recommendations for civic participation;
- Organizations’ unities in cooperative projects.
PRIORITIES FOR 2015-2016
- Financial literacy;
- Aging of Society;
- Social Inclusion;
- Social innovation;
- Conflicts on city streets (urban services that allow conflicting groups to engage in dialogue);
- Development of social entrepreneurship as community resources;
- Thematic public social campaign;
- Migrants as a target group of social inclusion;
- Solutions to improve expertise potential of civic participation;
- Development of resource centres network to support international cooperation between NGOs and popular diplomacy.
WORKING GROUP NEWS