Expert Group on Civil Society Research of the EU-Russia Civil Society Forum in cooperation with the Friedrich-Ebert- Foundation and the German-Russian Exchange in St. Petersburg cordially invite to the open online discussion “Civil society organisations in the online world: obstacles to operations or advantages of new formats?”
The discussion will take place on October 20, 2020, at 17:00 to 18:30 (CET) / 18:00 to 19:30 (Moscow time) in ZOOM. The languages of the webinar are English and Russian (with simultaneous translation).
Questions to be discussed:
- How has the pandemic changed work practices and online presence of civil society organizations in European countries?
- Has the pandemic strengthened digitalization of civil society and in which dimensions?
- From challenges to opportunities of the online world: new forms and formats of digital activism, communication and mobilization
- Tackling disinformation during the pandemic: civil society organizations and the online ‘infodemic’.
Moderators: coordinators of the Expert Group of the EU-Russia Civil Society Forum
- Elena Belokurova (German-Russian Exchange, Russian Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, St. Petersburg)
- Andrey Demidov (Central European University, Budapest)
Speakers: members of the Expert Group of the EU-Russia Civil Society Forum
- Pavel Havlichek (Association for International Affairs, Czechia)
- Yulia Skokova (Higher School of Economics, Russia)
- Andrei Dobre (Bucharest University, Romania)
To participate, please register until October 19 by filling in the form.
The discussion is the first one in the series Civil Society in Europe and Russia in the times of the pandemic that will take place in Autumn 2020. The other topics will be connected with the fundraising, volunteering and international cooperation of civil society organizations during the pandemic in Europe. The series is a project of the EU-Russia Civil Society Forum, German-Russian Exchange St. Petersburg and the Friedrich Ebert Foundation.