EU-Russia Civil Society Forum (CSF)(www.eu-russia-csf.org) is looking for an Assistant for a Project Coordinator based in the secretariat at German-Russian Exchange in Berlin for the period of 3 to 6 months from April 2014. The EU-Russia Civil Society Forum, founded in March 2011 and uniting over a hundred of non-governmental organisations in the EU and Russia, is a common platform for cooperation and coordination of civil society organisations from Russia and the EU with the purpose of developing common positions and increasing interaction and cooperation between civil society organisations.
Among others, the CSF promotes people to people exchanges and solidarity among civil society groups, influences EU-Russia relations, political dialogue and a wider range of intergovernmental interactions and seeks to create a shared public space and support future establishment of a common political, economic, cultural and social space of a larger Europe. The assistant will help the coordinator of the secretariat to deal with variety of tasks gaining a good insight into international projects, event and project management. The assignments will range from overall management of the secretariat work and public relations to daily administrative work and translation.
- Support the editorial work of the EU-Russia Civil Society Forum website
- Analyze media coverage
- Do translation work (English-Russian, Russian-English)
- Research on project issues
- Draft PR material and articles
- Support circulation of Forums material on activities, work and campaign through internal and external media
- Assist organizing of events including press conferences, public discussions, meetings and campaigns
- Help prepare presentations using visual material
- Maintain social media of the Forum
- Interest in EU-Russia relations and work of non-governmental organisations on international level
- Strong writing and communication skills in English and Russian
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Organisational skills, responsibility and engagement
- Experience in translation would be an advantage
- Friendly working atmosphere and competent staff
- Close mentoring by the Project coordinator
- Gain good insight into international projects, event and project management and be involved into overall office administration
- Minimum 3 months contract or up to 6 months (40 hours per week)
- 300 EUR per month
How to apply:
Please send your application by 17 March 2014 (letter of motivation and CV) to the project coordinator Kristina Smolijaninovaite: kristina.smolija(at)eu-russia-csf.org. The interview will take place at the end of March in the German-Russian Exchange or via Skype/telephone.