The EU-Russia Civil Society Forum (CSF) is looking for an intern who will be based at the CSF Secretariat in Berlin. The internship will last from 2 May 2022, for a period of maximum 6 months (3 months minimum).
CSF was established in 2011 by non-governmental organisations as a permanent common platform. At the moment, 192 NGOs from Russia, the European Union and the United Kingdom are members or supporters of the Forum. It aims at the development of cooperation between independent civil society organisations from Russia and EU, and greater participation of NGOs in EU-Russia dialogue.
The Forum also works closely with organisations and partners from Belarus, Ukraine and Moldova. As such, operating conditions have become much more difficult in light of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine on 24 February. We strongly condemn the war and are working hard to help our friends and colleagues in both Ukraine and Russia, particularly in view of increased repression within Russia and difficulties arising from economic sanctions.
This position is full-time (40 hours per week). The intern will assist the activities of the Programmes Department of the CSF Secretariat, based in Berlin, Germany.* The internship must be a mandatory part of the intern’s studies.
- Support the planning and the implementation of the CSF programmes: HERstory (gender), Confronting Memories (history & education); Legal Dialogue (legal cooperation); cultural programmes; Climate, Study Tours and Partnership Projects (re-granting);
- Assisting with topical research as well as communication, preparation and implementation of various online and offline events;
- Assisting with proofreading and translation work involving English and Russian, depending on proficiency level;
- Administrative work incl. taking minutes.
- Enrolment at an EU university for the entire duration of the internship;
- Available 5 days a week for a minimum of three months in Berlin**;
- Preferably have a grant to fund your internship (Leonardo, Erasmus +, Erasmus Young Entrepreneur, etc.);
- The ability to effectively work both in a team and on your own, organisational skills;
- Interest in project/event management on an international level;
- Excellent English and good Russian; other European languages are an asset.
* Non-EU applicants should have a legal permit to stay in Germany throughout the whole duration of the internship.
** Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the intern should be ready to work from home for one or two days per week depending on the current situation.
- Professional experience in a growing and innovative international NGO, involving interaction with leading non-governmental actors in the EU and Russia;
- Opportunities to engage in civil society and cultural life in Berlin;
- Friendly working atmosphere and multicultural staff;
- Monthly compensation, if no grant (Erasmus +) can be provided by the intern.
How to apply: Please send your application (letter of motivation and CV) in one PDF to Barbara Anna Bernsmeier, Programme Lead at the EU-Russia Civil Society Forum (email@example.com) until 10 April 2022.
The EU-Russia Civil Society Forum was established in 2011 by non-governmental organisations as a permanent common platform. At the moment, 192 NGOs from Russia and the European Union are members or supporters of the Forum. It aims at development of cooperation of civil society organisations from Russia and EU and greater participation of NGOs in the EU-Russia dialogue. The Forum has been actively involved, inter alia, in the questions of facilitation of visa regime, development of civic participation, protection of the environment and human rights, dealing with history and civic education.