EU-Russia Civil Society Forum (CSF) is looking for two interns who will be working at the Communications Department at the CSF Secretariat. The appointment will be from 15 March till 14 June 2021 and from 15 June till 14 September 2021 respectively. The Secretariat is based in Berlin, Germany. Dependent on the COVID-19 situation, an online format of the internship might be possible.
The EU-Russia Civil Society Forum, founded in March 2011 and uniting 183 non-governmental organisations in the EU, Great Britain and Russia, is a platform for cooperation of civil society organisations from Russia and the EU with the purpose to develop common positions, increase cooperation between civil society organisations, coordinate their advocacy activities and make their voice stronger in interaction with the general public, governments and other stakeholders. In particular, CSF promotes people-to-people exchanges and solidarity among civil society groups, influences EU-Russia relations, joint projects and solidarity actions among civil society groups. It aims to influence EU-Russia relations for the public benefit in a wide range of public and intergovernmental interactions. The CSF is currently financed by the EU and other governmental and private donors.
This position is full-time (40 hours per week). Ideal candidates would have experience in the field of PR and communications. Strong commitment and availability for the entire internship period are pre-requisites for the job.
The interns will be mostly responsible for:
- Events’ preparation and logistics – online, offline, hybrid (invitations, preparation of participants’ regular information packages, PR tasks, preparing presentations, evaluation forms, developing templates, etc.)
- Intensive communications with NGOs from 19 EU member states, the United Kingdom and Russia – CSF Forum members and supporters
- Drafting of media releases and messages
- Updates of electronic databases
- Posting of news, photos and other content to the CSF website eu-russia-csf.org, social media marketing
- Translation of various documents – news, statements, policy papers, etc. – from English into Russian and from Russian into English
- Protocolling of CSF meetings
- Conducting official correspondence with appropriate contacts – participants of the CSF events (e.g. speakers, participants, media, etc.)
- Working in cooperation with the Secretariat’s and office staff, in particular, with the Communications Lead
Requirements / Job Qualification:
- Enrolment at an EU university for the entire duration of the internship according to the requirements of the German legislation
- Experience in the field of PR and communications and/or related studies
- Advanced Internet and social media user
- Ability to prioritise and plan effectively, responsibility and engagement
- Initiative and the ability to work both in a team and on your own
- Strong problem-solving abilities, organisational and events management experience desirable
- Excellent English and Russian, knowledge of German desirable
- WordPress experience is an asset
- 3 months position (40 hours per week) with work starting on 15 March and on 15 June 2021 respectively
- Interesting job in a growing and innovative international project, involving interaction with leading non-governmental actors in the EU and Russia
- Friendly working atmosphere and competent multicultural staff
- Monthly compensation of EUR 350 (all the costs – accommodation, board, possibly relocation costs, etc. – are borne by an intern or the sending organisation)
How to apply:
Please send your application until 17 February 2021 (letter of motivation and CV) to Sergei Tereshenkov, Communications Lead at the EU-Russia Civil Society Forum, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will take place on 19 and 22 February 2021 in Berlin or via Skype. The introduction of work will take place in the third week of March and in the third week of June 2021.
Learn more about the position details and the application process in the Internship Announcement.