“International Cooperation of Civil Society Actors in Europe during the Pandemic”
Expert Group on Civil Society Research of the EU-Russia Civil Society Forum in cooperation with the Friedrich-Ebert-Foundation and the German-Russian Exchange in St. Petersburg cordially invites to the open online discussion “International Cooperation of Civil Society Actors in Europe during the Pandemic” that will take place on February 11, 2020, at 16:00 to 17:30 (CET) / 18:00 to 19:30 (Moscow time) in ZOOM.
Languages: English and Russian (with simultaneous translation)
Questions to be discussed:
– Joint projects, a realisation of the planned events and exchange of ideas in times of restricted movement and closed borders: how do civil society actors sustain their relations with foreign partners?
– How has the pandemic affected international connections of civil society organisations without ‘live’ communication: rethinking of goals and purposes of cooperation? Coping
together or growing apart?
Moderators: coordinators of the Expert Group of the EU-Russia Civil Society Forum
– Elena Belokurova (German-Russian Exchange, Russian Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, St. Petersburg)
– Andrey Demidov (Central European University, Budapest)
– Ulla Pape (Free University Berlin, Germany)
– Simone Polderini (University of Perugia, Italy)
– Anna Sevortian (EU-Russia Civil Society Forum)
The discussion is the third one in the series “Civil Society in Europe and Russia in the times of the pandemic” that takes place in Autumn – Winter 2020. The first ones were focused on civil society in the online world and fundraising, the further ones will explore the topics of volunteering and international cooperation of civil society organisations during the pandemic in Europe. All discussions are recorded and published online. The series is a project of the EU-Russia Civil Society Forum, German-Russian Exchange St. Petersburg and the Friedrich Ebert Foundation.