The EU-Russia Civil Society Forum (CSF) is looking for an assistant for the HERstory programme who will be based at the CSF Secretariat in Berlin. The position will start on September 1st until December 31st 2022, with option of extension, if funds are available.
CSF was established in 2011 by non-governmental organisations as a permanent common platform. At the moment, 189 independent NGOs from Russia, the European Union and the United Kingdom are members or supporters of the Forum. It aims at the development of cooperation of independent and democratic civil society organisations and activists from the EU, Russia and in exile. The HERstory programme aims to show the role of women in society in Armenia, Belarus, Germany, Russia and Ukraine.
This position is part-time under the so-called “Minijob” regulation with 8 hours per week (ideally two half-days per week). The intern will assist the activities of the HERstory Programme of the CSF Secretariat.
- Support the planning and the implementation of the HERstory programme: Take part in online meetings, planning an international offline meeting in autumn, planning smaller events in Berlin and online.
- Development of the HERstory social media (Facebook and Instagram);
- Research on topics related to the HERstory programme(women in history and society);
- Interest in the topic of women in society;
- Experience in social media and the graphic design programme Canva or the willingnessto learn it;
- Good English and the ability to communicate in German, knowledge of Russian isdesired;
- Clear position against Russia’s war in Ukraine;
- Based in Berlin.
* The candidate should be ready to work from home for max. one day per week depending on the ongoing situation with Covid-19 pandemic.
- Professional experience in a growing and innovative international NGO, involving interaction with leading women’s rights organisations, activists and experts in Armenia, Belarus, EU, Ukraine and Russia;
- Friendly working atmosphere and multicultural staff;
- Monthly compensation of EUR 430.
How to apply:
Please send your application (short letter of motivation and CV) in one pdf by August 15th, 2022 to Christina Riek, HERstory Project Coordinator at the EU-Russia Civil Society Forum (email@example.com). The interviews will take place in the office in Berlin on 18 and 19th August 2022. We welcome people with different educational and cultural background. You don’t have to be a gender expert, but you shouldn’t be afraid of using * and of different opinions on gender issues. Also, if not all requirements fit to you (e.g. lack of languages or social media experience) but you’re interested in the topic and the project, please get in touch with us and feel free to apply.