Fighting Transborder Corruption
The Expert Group
The Fighting Transborder Corruption Expert Group consists of experts and specialists from various backgrounds. This includes lawyers, investigative journalists, environmental activists, sociologists and financial experts. To ensure diversity, the group members and the organisations they represent come from both Russia and different European countries, including the Netherlands and the Czech Republic.
Currently, the following people are affiliated with the expert group:
- Yevgenia Chirikova, Environmental Defence of Moscow Region; Steering Committee EU-Russia Civil Society forum
- Konstantin Rubakhin, “Khopyor” movement
- Denis Primakov, Transparancy International – Russia
- Vladimir Rimskiy, INDEM Foundation (Russia)
- Olexi Pasyuk, CEE Bankwatch (Czech Republic)
- Grigoriy Pasko, investigative journalist
- Kate Watters, Crude Accountability (international)
- Dmitriy Shevchenko, Ecological Watch on the Northern Caucasus
The expert group is coordinated by Tim van der Maarel (Netherlands Helsinki Committee) in cooperation with Andrei Kalikh (independent journalist).
Kick-off Meeting in Berlin
On 6 November 2014 the initial group members met for a kick-off meeting in Berlin. In the course of the day, the experts discussed the problems at hand, the possible instruments and formulated the group’s mission statement. The result is written down in the Public Mission Statement (DOC).
Follow-up Meeting in Tallinn
During the General Assembly of the EU-Russia Civil Society Forum, which took place in Tallinn 26 – 29 November 2014, the Expert Group officially presented itself to the Forum members. During the GA, the group seized the opportunity to reach out and to network. As a result, the group attracted a couple new members and made new contacts with journalists friendly to the cause. Also, the agreements reached and issues discussed in Berlin were evaluated and updated.
Download the Report "Russian "Black Money" in the EU: Indicators of Transborder Corruption"
Download Public Mission Statement of the Expert Group here.